Based on my experience leading parish-level workshops on the Qur’an and the Bible, introducing hundreds of people to The Saint John’s Bible, and serving as a keynote speaker at a state-wide community college honors student symposium, I am happy to offer the following talks and workshops upon request. Contact me and we will set up an honorarium.
The Saint John’s Bible
I am available to talk on The Saint John’s Bible in varying amounts of time and on a wide variety of subjects. Possibilities include:
- “Finding God in Art: Introducing The Saint John’s Bible“: broad introduction to The Saint John’s Bible.
- “Social Justice in The Saint John’s Bible“: focuses on how the art reflects issues such as creation care, feminism, and Jewish-Christian dialogue.
- An introduction to any individual volume of The Saint John’s Bible.
The Qur’an, The Bible, and Christian-Muslim Dialogue
- “Reading the Qur’an with Heart and Mind”: based on a presentation I developed for The Chaplaincy Institute in Berkeley, this presentation gives a broad overview of the Qur’an for non-Muslim, interfaith-minded audiences.
- “Biblical Characters in the Qur’an”: introduces the Qur’an through a comparative reading of the Bible and the Qur’an around biblical characters such as Jesus, Mary, and Noah. Can be an individual presentation or a multi-session class.
Previous Speaking Engagements
A sample of some of the religious education talks and workshops I have given:
- January 22: “Finding God in Art: The Saint John’s Bible.” St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Palo Alto, CA.
- January [4 sessions]: “Scripture Study: Biblical Characters in the Qur’an.” St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Sunnyvale, CA.
- July 21: “Approaching the Qur’an with Heart and Mind.” Chaplaincy Institute, Berkeley, CA.